Facebook was once THE social media platform where images from birthdays, celebrations, picnics, and whatnot were shared. If you are a user from Facebook’s early stages and by early we mean somewhere around 2009, then you might still have some old but good photos on your profile that you want to keep only for yourself.
And you can!
Facebook users can download their photos, and keep all those memories away from their current profiles.
There are a few ways users can download their Facebook data and in this blog post we will go through each, so you can use the one that fits you the most.
1. Log in to your Facebook profile.
2. From the top-right corner click on the drop-down arrow and choose “Settings and Privacy”.
3. Click on “Settings”.
4. From the left-hand menu choose “Your Facebook Information”.
5. Click on the “View” option next to the “Download your information” option.
6. Choose the file type (HTML or JSON), quality of the photos, and data range.
7. From the “Select Information to download” section, click on “deselect post”.
8. Select only “Posts” by clicking on the small check-box.
9. Scroll down to the page and click “Request a download”.
10. Facebook will send you a notification once the file is ready for download. Depending on the size it might take some time for the file to be prepared.
11. Once the file is ready click on “Available files” in the upper right corner, and click on “the download” button.
12. From the downloaded file click on the Media file. Here you will see all the photos from the date range you have selected.
Prior to this, Facebook had an option for downloading videos and photos only. However, that option is no longer available. Now users have to download their posts in order to save their photos and videos.
Facebook will send you a notification once the file is completed.
To download photos from your Facebook page:
👉 Read also: How to Turn Off Memories on Facebook
Unfortunately, no. Since Facebook groups contain sensitive information, and some members might not want their images saved on a private computer, Facebook does not allow downloading of images from Facebook groups.