Disney Plus currently has over 118 million paid subscribers on their streaming service, making it among the best ranking worldwide. Since Disney has been around for decades, and we can’t even question the quality of their movies, shows, and animations, the content that is being offered on their platform is amazing. Since the prices for Disney Plus are quite normal ($6.99 per month), a lot of users are switching from other platforms to Disney.
However, the everlasting debate - leaving the subtitles on or turning them off still exists among movie fanatics.
If you decide to go for Disney Plus as a streaming service, we will give you a brief step-by-step guide on how to turn on subtitles, or turn them off.
Also, check out how to change the app language in your Disney Plus profile.
How do I enable subtitles in Disney Plus using my iPhone?
Follow these steps to enable the Disney Plus subtitles:
- Play the movie/show you want to watch on the app.
- Once the show starts, tap on the screen.
- In the upper-right corner, find this icon:
- Click on it, and a new page will appear - the Audio and Subtitles Menu. You will be given a list of languages for both audio and subtitles to choose from.
- After this new window opens up, if you click on the ‘Settings’ icon in the upper right corner (the gear icon), you will be able to change the font and the size and color of the font.
How do I enable subtitles in Disney Plus using a Roku device?
If you’re using a Roku device to watch Disney Plus, follow these steps:
- Open Disney Plus, find the movie you want to watch.
- In the description window of the movie, select the “Audio and Subtitles” section.
- A list of languages will show on a new page, where you can change both audio settings and subtitles settings.
- If you have a new generation Roku device, just click the up or down button on your remote, and you’ll be able to see the “Audio and Subtitles” settings.
How do I enable subtitles in Disney Plus on Apple TV?
If you’re watching Disney Plus on an Apple TV, follow these steps:
- After opening Disney Plus, and playing the movie you want, use your remote to click up or down.
- On your screen, you will see the “Audio and Subtitles” section, click on it, and choose the option that’s suitable for you.
How do I enable subtitles in Disney Plus using Xbox One or Play Station 4/5?
If you’re using your Xbox or PS 4/5 to watch Disney Plus, follow these steps:
- Launch the Disney Plus app, and navigate to the movie you want to watch.
- Click up/down on the controller, and click on the “Audio and Subtitles” section, select the languages you want for either audio or subtitles.
The steps we went through can be used for both enabling or disabling subtitles, so if you want to disable the subtitles option, follow the same instructions.
If you are using Peacock, find out how to turn off subtitles.