Users have been going crazy with adding their favorite songs to their stories and reels. You might have also come across a song in Instagram reels, posts, or stories you liked so much that you saved them to use in your story.
Read below to learn how to add saved audio to Instagram story.
How to use saved audio on Instagram story
Instagram doesn’t offer any built-in story option that allows you to save and use saved audio in your story.
Also, there’s no official option to use audio downloaded to your phone storage or add local audio to your stories.
However, there are two workaround methods with which you can use saved sounds on an Instagram story.
Also read: Why Can't I Post On My Instagram Story 2022
How to save audio from a reel and use it in your Instagram story
The easiest way to add your favorite song to your Instagram story is to save the audio from a Reel and then add it to your Instagram story while creating it. This is how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Find the reel whose music you want to add to your story.
- Tap on the song title that’s playing at the bottom of the reel.
- On the Audio page, select the audio and copy the song name to the clipboard. You can also tap on the ‘Save audio’ button to save the music to your Instagram profile.
- After saving the audio, go back to the home screen and swipe left to open the camera for creating an Instagram story or tap on your profile picture with the ‘+’ icon at the top left corner to upload a photo or video from your phone.
- Take a photo or record a video for your story.
- Then, tap on the sticker icon at the top right corner and select the music sticker to add music to your story.
- In the search bar, enter the name of the reels audio you copied.
- Next, adjust the music duration, select the music section and choose the music display format to add it to your story.
- Tap on the ‘Done’ button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Your Story’ icon to share your story.
✔ You might also like to learn how to put multiple videos on your Instagram story.
How to use saved audio on Instagram story by replacing your video’s audio with local audio
There’s no feature on Instagram that offers you to add your local audio directly to stories. However, with this second workaround method, you can use saved music on an Instagram story.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and create a new story.
- Tap on the sound icon at the top left corner to mute the captured or recorded story.
- Next, tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Save’ to save the muted story to your phone.
- Next, add your local audio from your device to this saved video using any video editor app.
- Once you’ve added your preferred audio to your video, go to Instagram and start creating a story.
- Tap on the gallery icon at the bottom left corner and select the edited video to upload to your story.
- Tap on ‘Your Story’ to post the video as an Instagram story.
And that’s it. You’ve created an Instagram story with your local audio saved to your phone.
Explore also how to add music to an Instagram story without the music sticker.
In this article we covered how to use saved audio on Instagram story. Instagram doesn’t have a direct option to save sounds in stories and then add the saved sounds on your Instagram story. However, there are two workarounds that allow you to achieve this:
- Save the music from a reel, and then use the saved music on an Instagram story or;
- Download the Instagram story, and replace the original story sound with audio saved to your phone with a video editing app. Then, upload the video with the saved sound to Instagram story.