HBO Max is one of the most recent streaming services you can watch on Roku. However, if you have signed in to your HBO account at a friend’s house, you might be confused as to how to log out of HBO Max on Roku.
Or whether you have left your HBO Max account logged in on a Roku device at another place and you don’t want other people to use your account, it’s crucial to know how to sign out of it remotely.
Keep reading below to learn how to sign out of HBO Max on Roku.
Explore also how to cancel HBO on Roku in our guide.
How to log out of HBO Max on Roku
The sign-out button for HBO Max is a bit buried deep in the settings on Roku. But, if you follow the steps below, you’ll be able to log out in just a few clicks.
To sing out of the HBO Max channel on Roku:
- On the Roku remote, press the home button and select the ‘Search’ option.
- Type in and open the HBO Max app.
- Click on the left arrow on the remote to bring up the menu.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ at the bottom and press ‘OK’ on the remote.
- Navigate all the way to the right and select the ‘Sign Out’ option.
- Go down to the ‘Sign Out’ option and press ‘OK’ on the remote.
- Select ‘Yes’ on the pop-up menu to confirm that you want to sign out of HBO Max.
How to log out of HBO Max on the website
If you can’t access the HBO Max channel on Roku, you can sign out of HBO Max on the website on a computer.
- Open and sign in to the HBO Max website with your username and password.
- Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner and select ‘Manage Devices’.
- Under the Other Devices section, you’ll see a list of all current devices associated with your HBO Max account.
- Select the ‘X’ next to the device you want to log out of - in this case Roku, then select ‘Sign Out’.
- You can also select ‘Sign All Devices Out’, then choose ‘Sign out’ if you want to sign out all devices you are logged into with your HBO Max account.
How to sign out of HBO Max on the app
Another way you can sign out of HBO Max is on the mobile app.
- Open the HBO Max app on your device.
- Log in with your username and password if you are not already logged in.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Manage Devices’.
- Here, you’ll see a list of all current devices you are signed in with your HBO Max account.
- Tap on ‘Sign All Devices Out’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Sign Out’ to confirm.
Now, you are signed out of all devices you have signed into with your HBO Max account, including Roku.
Now that you know how to log out of HBO Max on Roku, you might be interested in reading how to delete your HBO account.