Pinterest is an amazing platform where you can explore inspirations and designs, discover new recipes, home decor ideas, style ideas, and many more.
You can save your inspirations and ideas on Boards to serve as mood boards in your creative process. However, there’s no fun in creating Pinterest Boards without having someone to share them with. After all, Pinterest is more than just a DIY platform — it’s a place where people can exchange DIY ideas about art, baking, gardening and everything in between.
When you follow someone on Pinterest, you will be able to see and get inspired by their boards and pins, and get even more DIY content that’s in tune with your taste.
But how do you find them? Finding and adding friends on Pinterest is really easy compared to any other social media platform. By just tapping on the “Follow” button, not only your Pinterest feed will start streaming with fresh ideas, but you will also inspire people to follow you back, increasing your followers.
Keep on reading to find out how to find friends on Pinterest, unlock endless inspirational content and customize your Pinterest user experience.
There are several ways you can find and add friends on Pinterest.
How to find friends on Pinterest by name
- Open the Pinterest app.
- Tap the search bar that is the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in a person’s name or their Pinterest username. A list of matching results will appear.
- Tap on the name of the person that you want to add. This will take you to their Pinterest profile.
- Once you are on their profile, tap the “Follow” button under their name and username.
Following a person means they are now added to your Following list. If you tap the same button, you will be able to unfollow them, which removes them from your friends’ list.
How to find your Facebook friends on Pinterest
Connecting your Pinterest with Facebook helps you find your friends, login easily and back up your account if you ever forget your email or password.
To connect your Pinterest to your LinkedIn account and find your friends:
- Open the Pinterest icon.
- Tap on your profile icon on the right at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of your profile.
- From the menu, select “Settings”.
- Under the Personal Information section, tap on “Account settings”.
- Find and tap on “Login options”.
- Toggle on the switch next to Facebook.
- When you receive the prompt, allow Pinterest to access your Facebook account.
- Tap on the magnifying glass to search for your friends.
- Type in the Facebook name, or real name (if they've provided it to Pinterest) of the person. A list of matching results will appear with your Facebook friends who are on Pinterest.
- Tap the person you want to add. This will take you to the person's profile.
- Once on their profile, tap the “Follow” button under their name and username.
Find friends by searching for the pins they’ve posted
If you can’t find the right person you are looking for in the matching suggestions in search, try these steps:
- Go to the search bar on Pinterest.
- Type their name and tap the magnifying glass on your phone keyboard. This will take you to the pin section search in Explore.
- Tap the “Profiles” tab, next to Explore.
- Scroll below to the More profiles section where you’ll see a suggested list of profiles that contain the name of the person you’ve typed in.
- Browse the list and when you find the person you were looking for, tap on the “Follow” button to follow them.
Where to see your friends’ list on Pinterest?
To see your friends’ list on Pinterest:
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- On your profile, tap on your profile picture in the upper-left corner.
- This will open more details about your profile, including your Pinterest handle, your Followers and the people you are Following.
- Tap on “Following” to see all the people who you’ve added as friends and who you are following.
- Here you can also tap on the “Following” button next to each user to unfollow them.
If you are new to Pinterest, learn how to join new and fresh boards from other fellow users, which can inspire you to create your own original boards.
- Will a user be notified when I follow them?
Yes, they will. Also, you will be notified if they follow you back.
- Will a user be notified if I save their pin?
Yes, a notification will be sent if you save a user’s pin, and you will be notified if someone saves your pin.
- Will a user be notified when I unfollow them on Pinterest?
No, the user won’t be notified by Pinterest that you’ve unfollowed them. Although there are third-party apps users can install to find out who unfollowed them.