Book enthusiasts are using the Kindle app since it allows them to keep the newest addition to their book collection at their fingertips.
You can read books from Kindle on iPads and iPhones, but the process of buying the books is a bit more complex.
If you just recently decided to make your book library virtual and start buying e-books, and you’re wondering how to buy books on the Kindle app, we have you covered.
Unfortunately, Amazon doesn’t allow purchases from the app itself. Instead, you’ll need to follow some workarounds in order to get new books on your Kindle app.
Since these steps are not quite straightforward, the confusion about buying books on Kindle is quite common among users. Check out the steps below, and learn how to purchase your favorite book with ease!
Check out: How to Copy and Paste From Kindle Cloud Reader.
How to buy Kindle books on iPhone & iPad
As we mentioned, Amazon’s Kindle iOS app doesn’t have a purchasing feature within the app for some reason. Hence, you’ll need to follow some workarounds to get your newly bought book on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the ‘Safari’ app, and open amazon.com.
- When you get prompted by suggestions to open the app, which are always at the top of the screen, make sure to ignore them, and don’t open the Amazon app.
- If you’re not logged in, sign in to Amazon using your credentials.
- At the top-left part of the screen, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon.
- From the list of options, find ‘Kindle eBooks’, and open it.
- Search for the Kindle book title you wish to buy, and select it when you find it.
- Make sure to select ‘Kindle’ instead of ‘Paperback’, and tap on ‘Buy now with 1-Click’ (This will appear if you have activated the 1-click billing system).
- The book will be purchased, and will automatically show up in the Amazon Kindle and Kindle Reader library.
- Open the Kindle app on your iPhone/iPad, tap on the book you just purchased, and it will download to your device.
Note: If you accidentally clicked on the prompt that redirects you to the Amazon app, make sure to get back to the web browser, and reopen the Amazon website.
You might also like to read how to copy and paste From Kindle Cloud Reade
How to buy books on the Kindle app for Android
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Type in ‘Kindle’, and download and install the app.
- Open the Kindle app once it’s installed, and log in by tapping on ‘Start Reading’.
- From the home screen, tap on the ‘Kindle Store’ icon, which will open every book available that you can buy and read on Kindle. However, from this section, you can only browse through the available books. In order to buy a book, you’ll need to open Google Chrome, or any browser you’re using on your device.
- From the browser, open Amazon’s website, and from the menu icon, find Kindle eBooks.
- Find the book you wish to purchase, tap on the book, and on the following screen, tap on ‘Buy Now’.
- You will need to follow the on-screen guidelines to fill in payment info and finish the purchase.
- After doing so, the book will automatically get downloaded to the app.
The steps listed above will show you how to buy and download Kindle books from Amazon’s services. Even though there is no direct feature within the app to buy and download Kindle books, the entire process shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.